Today I had a strange problem with my skype installation in Debian. The microphone seems not to work. Finally I found the solution here.
The trick is the following:
- Open the Sound settings when you start a skype test call.
- Click on the tab ‘Recourding’
- Choose the option : show ‘all streams’ at the bottom of the tab
- Now when the skype call runs you will see the skype application appearing
- There is a tiny button muting the microphone. This option was selected in my case. Deselecting the mute button solved the problem for me
One Reply to “Linux Debian and Skype – no microphone”
thanks, you’ve our lives. I’ve been trying to make skype work on debian jessie, but the microphone was somehow muted on test convos and it just didn’t work.
thanks google and you.